SemperSonic™ UFTD Dedicated Transit Time Flow Meter with Transducers
Unique Features of Series UFTD
- Non-invasive, NEMA 6P (IP-68) clamp-on transducers are cost-effective and simple to install. Since the transducers do not contact the liquid, fouling and maintenance are eliminated.
- UFTD has a flow measuring range that is much larger than other flow meter technologies. This feature allows the instrument to measure normal process flow rates as well as flows resulting from leaks in piping and valves.
- User configurable rate and totalizer units include: feet, gallons, ft3, million-gal, barrels, acre-feet, lbs, meters, liters, m3, million-liters and kg.
- Bi-directional measurements, with totalization in positive, negative, net or batch modes.
- Zero head-loss results in improved pumping efficiency.
- Low power consumption. The UFTD system operates on less than 2.5W, allowing operation on UPS, solar panel and battery operated power sources.
- Field-replaceable I/O module options include: 200K-event data logger, 4-20 mA, rate pulse, dual relay, RS232C and RS485.
- An integral optical interface and optional Windows software utility provide complete control of system configuration, calibration and diagnostics– without opening the NEMA 4X (IP-66) enclosure.
- Inherent flow profile compensation permits improved accuracy over alternate technologies.
Typical Flow Applications
- Ultrapure liquids
- Deionized Water
- Water filter-bed effluent
- Hydraulic oil
- Refined hydrocarbon
- Well water
- Reclaimed water
- Ground water
- Cooling tower water
- Gray water
The SemperSonic UFTD Dedicated Transit Time Flow Meters feature the world’s most advanced non-invasive flow measurement technology available – providing a measuring system with unsurpassed accuracy, versatility, low cost of installation and low cost of ownership. The UFTD system installs quickly onto liquid piping systems with its non-invasive, non-fouling transducers and can be configured and operational within minutes. UFTD is designed for fixed-location installation on liquid systems. UFTD has a large LCD and an integral keypad that allows field configuration without the use of a computer. The SemperSonic UFTD also provides an optical interface which can be used with the UltraLink™ software utility. The software utility allows simple in-field programming, calibration and software upgrades. All systems utilize UltraFlo proprietary dual time-base time expansion software algorithm, digital cross-correlation, optically isolated input-output busses and field replaceable input/output modules. The UFTD flow measurement system is a cost-effective, versatile investment that can be readily configured for small pipes 1/2″ to 2″ and larger pipes 2″ and up.
The SemperSonic flow measurement system is a cost-effective, versatile investment that can be readily configured for piping from 2″ (50mm) and higher using the standard transducers. The small pipe transducers are capable of measurement on piping from 1/2″ (12mm) to 2″ (50mm) and the large pipe transducers fit pipes 2″ and up. The ultrasonic transducer clamps on to the surface of the pipe providing easy installation with no down-time. No maintenance is required since the transducers never come in contact with the fluid media.
Additional features include:
- Non-invasive clamp-on transducers that are simple and cost efficient to install. Since the transducers do not contact the liquid, fouling and maintenance are eliminated.
- Small Pipe Transducer set for pipe or tubing up to 1/2″ – 2″.
- Large Pipe Transducer set for pipe 2″ and above.
- Cable lengths in standard runs of 20′, 50′, 100′.
- NEMA 6 weather proof and submersible classification with optional Class 1 Div. 1 I.S. for hazardous locations.